.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, November 20, 2006

Hi there!!!


I'm back. I had a wonderful time and there's no way that I could have known what a nice time I would have. The cabin was beautiful, on top of a mountain (Mt. Yonah) and it had a spectacular view. I have pictures and they're being processed as I type this. I want a mountain cabin and I won't stop until I get one.

This thing was a log cabin with knotty pine throughout. There was a bedroom in the loft and two downstairs. I slept in all the rooms for a while here and there and last night (or really about 4 AM this morning) I looked around the room and realized that except for the door, I was in a big wooden box. It was a little freaky.

I fell asleep shortly after we got there as I had worked the night before. But, I woke up Saturday evening and stayed awake until after I watched the sun come up over the mountains. It was so beautiful...I doubt that the pictures will do it justice, but it was really nice to watch all alone. My friend was sleeping by then and I was wide awake so I just stayed up and enjoyed the view and the serenity.

This morning I was so into the place that I put some Yanni type music on and listened to that. I don't usually do such things but this cabin was the type of place that the pan flute was made for. I SO didn't want to come home.

At night the sky was lit up with stars. You could see a bunch of shooting stars if you sat out there long enough. I guess it was because it was so dark out there, you could see the Dippers and Orien...it was pretty cool.

The knotty pine, the wood they used for the outside and even the deck and the fence on the deck fit with the scenery perfectly. Wait until you see the pictures...they'll be great. Except of course for the fact that I forgot my make-up case but I did without. I'm not gonna be pleased with the pictures, though. That won't stop me from putting them up here...I just won't like it.

We bought a bunch of food and never left the cabin after we got there. You didn't need to. The setting couldn't have been better. I could have stayed up there forever. Two days certainly wasn't long enough. Damn...I need to buy some lottery tickets.

Well...I'm gonna unpack and try to clean house and start decorating for Christmas!

Oh, that reminds me, we went into Helen itself after we checked out. I went shopping and we had lunch at a German restaurant. The entire town was all done in Bavarian-style architecture...even the fast food restaurants are done like that. I guess it's written into the permits somewhere becuase ALL of the buildings were like that. It was quite charming. If you've never been, you really should go up there. It's a great day or week. Next time, I'm gonna stay for at least a week.

Gotta go clean something, be back after I settle in.

Meg

1 Comments:

Blogger benning said...

Sounds like you had fun. Good! Post pics ASAP! ;)

November 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home