.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Friday, January 12, 2007

Dear Meg,

"I used to get hit on by women all the time when I worked at the Limelight in NYC. And getting hit on by a chick is the same as getting hit on by a man...it warrants the same response that you'd give a guy you didn't want to go out with...Sorry, not interested - OR - Wanna go get coffee?? (if you were interested)."


Well, I wasn't interested as I am quite into men. I wasn't offended, actually I was more befuddled than anything else. I wasn't sure what she meant by her actions so I pretty much just kept thinking, "Is this chick HITTING on me?!" So, I didn't have the time to be offended, I was too confused to be offended.

For all I know, I HAVE been hit on by chicks before and just didn't realize it. Rick always said that men were hitting on me when I didn't realize it, maybe the female version just went over my head as well. The more I think about it, the more I'm sure she was absolutely hitting on me. She has the same look on her face that men get when one of them is attracted to me. It was a look that said, "Ooh baby baby...I like what I see." And she kept on looking at me. Every time I glanced over at her, she was looking at me and smiling.

I remember when I met my first lesbian (that I KNEW was lesbian anyway). I was 18 and was living in California, right outside of Frisco, surprisingly enough. We were both working at a nursing home and one afternoon we went outside to eat our lunch in the grass. We were chatting away and for some reason, she just came out and told me that she was a lesbian. My reaction was apparently funny to her, I said, "Oh, I've never met one before...can I touch you?" She didn't hit on me...I don't think.

If a chick came right out and hit on me to the point where I realized what she meant, I would handle it the same way I handle guys who hit on me that I'm not interested in, politely and graciously. I can't imagine it happening very often. Hell, it's only happened once that I'm aware of in 48 years.

I worked last night and my patients were pretty quiet so I was helping the other nurses. One of them said, "You obviously love being a nurse, it's shows in the way you jump to help other people." That made me feel quite good.

My son surprised me with a cell phone yesterday. I'm not sure why, but he did. I thought that was very nice of him. He didn't have to do that. Now, if I can only figure out how to use the stupid thing, I'll be golden. I can answer it and make calls of course, but I can't figure out anything else on it. I guess I have to call everyone that I know and tell them the number. For a minute and a half, I considered yanking the house phone, but knowing myself the way I do, I best not even think about that. At least I know where the house phone is, on the counter in the kitchen. I need a phone for when I lose the cell phone.

OH! I'm going to be starting another blog. It's actually just going to be a continuation of this one. Blogger is changing everything and every other day they put up a page so that when you sign on, you can't figure out how to get to the blog itself. You just get this dumb page that's advertising their new version. I don't want the new one, I'm happy with this one. But, it's annoying enough so that I am going to be looking for another server. Do you guys have any suggestions about blog servers that are really good? I don't know any other ones to look for and even if I did, I don't know if they're any good or not so any advice that you can offer would be greatly appreciated. As soon as I have the time, I'll change it. That'll probably be sometime very early next week. There will be a link to it on this one so that you can just come here and click on the link to get to the new one.

I have to work again tonight and then we'll have the grandkids for the weekend. So, I will be having a LOT of fun!

Oh, by the way, before my son gave me the phone, he set it up so that my name was on the screen. Instead of my name, he put "Grandma" on the phone. Isn't that adorable? He's such a peach.

Now I really have to go, I'm hungry and I need to make myself some french toast. I've had a hankering for it all night. I bought myself some real maple syrup so I'm looking forward to eating the french toast with that. Ooohhh....I still have blueberries! Those will be great on top of the french toast! I can't wait!

See ya later!

Meg

P.S. French toast reminded me of something. When we were growing up, my father gave us all silly nicknames. I was Peggy the Pig (I just loved that), my brother Kevin was Knucklebird Kevin, Wayne was Freddy the Frog, Lori was Lori Bug, Mike was Mickey Mouse and Marie....was French Toast.

One day right after they brought her home from the hospital, we were sitting around the table eating french toast for breakfast. Someone mentioned that we all had nicknames and asked my dad what we were going to call the new baby. He asked us what we thought and Mickey Mouse said, "How about French Toast!" So, the new baby was called French Toast. Thank God we weren't eating a butt roast.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Meg,

I was hit on by some chick before too. It was at some bar in Rio de Janeiro. I gotta say, I found it kind of flattering! The way I look at it is...Women tend to be especially more critical of other women, whereas men are usually less discerning. It's almost as if you were hit on by a movie star/model/president! Well, sort of. Actually, not really...but you know what I mean.

You should try out Xanga. It's really user-friendly :)

Cheryl

January 12, 2007  
Blogger mylifeatfullspeed said...

hey Meg...I have a server ;)

I can also get you set up with Wordpress, which I think can import all of your posts here (don't hold me to that). Set you up with a custom theme AND help you get your own domain name...

:)

I'll email you my phone number if you want to discuss it.

January 12, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

I never thought about the females being more discerning...but that is a good point! Damn, I'm hot!

LOLOLOL.

I will check out the servers and yes, email me your number, I won't have a chance to call until at least the end of the weekend, but I am going to be more discerning myself when I pick out the next blog server!

OK, time for my last night of work and then I get to play with the grandkids all weekend as someone else cleans my house!

Ciao,

Meg

January 12, 2007  
Blogger mylifeatfullspeed said...

Meg, I emailed you at the email address I'd sent email to in the past. (megbkelso@gmail.com) let me know if there is a different email address that works better for you.

:)

January 12, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

I'll email you back with my ner email addy but don't worry, I'm still checking the old one for a while. So, you're fine with the addy you used.

BTW, the new one is MegKelsoBroderick@gmail.com

That's the only other addy that I have, I don't keep a bunch of them.

Meg

January 13, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home