.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Hi hi!!!


I just got home from work, completed my "walking in the door routine...and sat at my desk to chat with you guys. My routine consists of walking straight into my bedroom, emptying out my pockets, tossing my scrubs into the washer and then I plop myself on the couch. I can do that because I always wear long jons under my clothes. (I didn't war them Monday night when I went out...that wouldn't help matters at all.)

Sometimes I make a detour into the kitchen and make myself something to eat. Then, once I start, I usually end up eating a lot of food. The trick is...not to start. So, let's see what I can do now.

Yesterday, I fixed myself some scrambled eggs, link sausage and english muffins. Then, I had some of my candy which only whetted my appetite for sweets so I had a Krispy Kreme Donut. (Schocolate glaze with white (clear) glaze on the bottom. They were some damn good donuts. I also had a thing of yougurt with raspberries. That was good. Oh...and an icee. I can't get italian ices in Atlanta, at least not the kind that they have in Chicago.

"What flavors do you have?"

Duh. That question just makes me ill. There's only one italian lemonade flavor...and oddly enough, it's lemon. So, to get around that, they just call it italian ice. That really burns me up

Anyway...I saw a perfect townhouse for me. It has a seperate entrance/studio apartment downstairs for my son. He would have to pay the $400 extra that it would cost ($500 with a kitchette) but I think he could swing it. He would simply have to stop partying. That, and that alone would do the trick. I did. It works.

We all went thourgh a period of our life where we had a bunch of fun and I'm no different. I was ready to settle down there for a while and enjoy the rest of my life with the same "man". If you don't stop that behavior, you will find yourself without your partying friends because they've all grown up and are living their lives productively. Neccessity is a major motivator...I must say.

OK, I gave. I mixed some blueberries and mixed berry yogurt together and now I'm, eating it as I type this. I had planned on having rasberries but apparently I've eaten them all. The blueberries are fine.

One of the things that I like about being alone is the grocery options. I get whatever I want and I don't have to justify any of it. I don't have to worry about lots of meat. I like it occasionally, but not everyday. I much prefer fruit. It's so damned good and good for you. If you find a kind that you do like, you should make a habit out of buying them. They are SOOOOOO good.

I think that I'll plant some of those suckers in the summer. My great-grandmother, Pansy, had a sister, Willie...and Willie lived on the top of a mountain called Tip Top. I think it was Tip Top West Virginia although it wouldn't shock me to hear that it's in Virginia. Whatever. Anyway, Aunt Willie's house didn't have any running water. It was a nice house, it was just built before indoor plumbing and they never felt the need to update the water system. Eventually, my grandfather did it for her but in the meantime, when I stayed there overnight...I would dream that there was a huge flood and I had to swim to the outhouse. It was one of those recurring nightmares that you have when you're a kid. Anyway, my point...and I do have one...is that Aunt Willie had bluberries. And...she grew them in this funky red dirt they have here. So, I bet that I could grow berries of some sort, if not a few. I would appreciate any hints in that arena.

Well, I'm quite cold, all I have on are my long johns. I sleep in them, get up shower and put on clean long johns. I wouldn't imagine just wearing those flimsy scrubs. I would freeze my butt off.

And that leads me back where I was when I started this post...wearing the long johns that I worked in. Then, I'll shower after I wake up. But, for now...I must say Good Night!

Mg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home