.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Hi there!

The housekeeper is on her way and she keeps getting lost even though she came here once before. She isn't from America so she has an accent...so badly that I keep saying "Stay on Polk Street!" and she keeps saying, "I'm turning onto Hope Street." My patience is wearing thin. I worked all night and the grandkids are spending the weekend here. I've spent the entire morning playing with them and brushing my granddaughter's long, long hair. That wasn't fun for anyone. My son took the kids out for a while so that the lady could work.

Ah, they're here! The lady brought her daughter so I bet that'll make the work go quickly. I can't wait to see my house cleaned up again, it will be worth every penny that I spend on it. Merry Maids wants $180 for 4 hours. They come in and do what they can in the 4 hours and leave it at that. This lady has someone working with her and she's going to stay for the entire weekend getting the house in shape. When I asked her what she charged, she said that she would clean the entire house, no matter how long it takes, for $150. I actually offered her more because I was expecting to pay a LOT more that $150. I just want the place clean, I'd rather pay her to do it well than to have Merry Maids come in and rush around for a few hours. After I pay that kind of money, I don't expect to be cleaning anything myself.

But, it is true that you have to clean up a bit before the maids come over. I don't want to pay someone to do my dishes or any of the piddly stuff that I can take care of myself. I sure do feel lazy sitting here typing with 2 women cleaning my house. Oh well, she's getting paid for it.

Last night at work I had a patient with a nutty son. He calls every nurse if he isn't there himself. He actually called to tell me to do some things that no nurse needs reminding, like flushing the tube that goes into the lady's stomach for tube feeding. I was rather annoyed. I don't need someone to tell me to be good to their parent, I would be nice to anyone.

Some people think that by constantly bitching they get something done. Well, all they accomplish is keeping people out of the room that their loved one is in. No one wants to set themselves up to get in trouble so when the family is a bunch of idiots, they see to it that the patient gets the bare minimum of care and that's not right. No one would go out of their way to be nice to someone who's family constantly complains to supervisors.

Another stupid thing that families do is to tell the nurse or doctor not to give them anything for pain or agitation. I don't know why anyone listens to these people. They never have a decent reason for not wanting the patient medicated for pain. And why they won't allow sedation is beyond me. If a patient gets agitated enough, they will pull every tube they have out and then they have to endure the re-insertion of those tubes. Family members like that should come and sit with the patient all night if they don't want them medicated. But, they never do. They just go home and sleep.

The pain in the ass from last night has quite a shock in store for him. He's sending his mother to a nursing home after she's discharged from the hospital. If he thinks he has troubles now, wait until he realizes the way that nursing homes operate...that'll make him appreciate all that we did for her and soon.

I shaved that lady last night because I can't stand to see a woman with a mustache. This one even had a beard. After I shaved her face, I went and got some small scissors and trimmed her eyebrows. They were long and most of them were grey. I'm quite sure that if the lady could speak, she would tell us to shave the stupid goatee off of her face and trim back those eyebrows.

OK then, the housekeepers are keeping house and my son has taken the kids out so it's time for me to take a bit of a nap. I'm quite sure that I'll be awoken to the sounds of the wee ones.

BTW! If you have a small kid, go to www.coloring.com and let the kids have fun, it's a really, really good site for kids to make pictures with. My granddaughter loves it and will only stop when the computer itself stops.

Alrighty, I'll be back after later!

Meg

1 Comments:

Anonymous Glenda said...

Hi There!:-)
If you must need more coloring pages for your granddaughter, you can give her printed coloring pages from this site: http://thecolor.com.

April 30, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home