.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Alrighty then...

...I just got a phone call from Tyler Perry's studio in Atlanta. They wanted to know if I was available for a 12-14 hour day tomorrow so I said that I was. Someone will call me with the details later.

The movie that I'll be working on is called, appropriately, "Why Did I Get Married?" I don't know anything else about it but I do know who Tyler Perry is...he's the guy who did "The Diary of a Mad Black Woman".

I never know how these people find me but they seem to. I can be just sitting at home and the phone will ring and someone will ask me to be in a movie. It's happened 3 times, this makes 4. I wonder how much I could do if I actually put effort into this crap.

The chick said that it's one day which is fine for me...working on movies is long and boring work, you usually go to make-up and costume and then you sit there for the entire day waiting for the sun to be just right and no airplane contrails or anything like that in the sky if it's a movie from before they had airplanes. One stupid contrail can blow an entire day's work.

I worked on Andersonville with a director name Oppenheimer (I always get his first name mixed up with the atomic bomb Oppenheimer so I just don't say it, I don't want to look too stupid) and after one scene that took a LONG time to get right, he looked at the playback and saw one stupid dude with a walkman in the background. Civil War soldiers didn't have walkmans. The director shouted, "Fire him! Find that idiot and fire his ass NOW!"

That guy was good, no matter what I did to man myself up, I always got sent to deep background, a little bit ahead of the plywood soldiers way in the back. I did get into one scene by sitting with my forehead on my knees but I can't prove it's me. I even had a nice make-up man give me a fake 5 o'clock shadow and Oppenheimer still saw me, even though I wasn't out in front, I was behind a few people. Boobs strapped down, whiskers and something called "Mud" all over my face and hair and I couldn't pass as a man...not once.

This time I'm playing a woman so I don't have to worry about being sent to deep background. Anyway, now all I have to do is wait for the PA to call and then I'll know when and where I need to go. My son asked me why I do this...it doesn't pay well at all. I do it because it's fun and I meet some really neat people. If I did it all the time, I wouldn't enjoy it but working on about one movie a year is cool...I love that. I wonder what I'll have to do to get a picture of myself in costume up here since the dog ate my cord? I'll figure something out.

Meg

PS. They called me with the details...I have to be there at 5:30 PM and they have no clue when it will end. She said to be prepared to stay until 3 or 4 AM. It's a scene that's supposed to be near a Canadian ski resort so we will be dressed very warmly. They said they had one girl with long blonde hair so I should wear mine back...because everyone knows that there's never 2 blondes with long hair at a ski resort! Anyway, since the shoot is so late, I'll have most of the day to play with my hair. The timing works well since I have to work Thursday night. I'll be able to sleep all day after a shoot so late.

Luckily, this shoot is in a studio, not outside in the heat like Andersonville or in an abandoned building like The Gospel. Warm Springs wasn't too bad but most movie sets are pretty uncomfortable. I hope they have AC...can you imagine wearing a big sweater and Ugh boots in Atlanta in 80 degree weather? I'm sweating right now and I'm wearing capris and a t-shirt.

You won't believe this but I made the same mistake that I made the other day...I trimmed another extension cord with the hedge trimmer today. I don't know how in the hell that happened. So, I've zapped 2 of them in 3 days and I've never, ever done it before.

I'm making tacos so I should go and chop some lettuce. I'll be back later!

Meg

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well.. I'm not surprised you get all these neat offers for interesting stuff. It's your energy and all that other good stuff :) Don't sweat the cords..... everybody's got something they do over and over again. I lock myself out. lol

March 27, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Well, first of all, it seems that most of the gorgeous actors are 12 years old anymore. But...I wouldn't mind hooking up with a plain old rich producer!

The lady at the production company that signed me on last week said that I would be good because of my confidence and my outgoing personality. Then she said, "You'd be great on a game show!" I told her to get me on any show that has the word millionaire in it and I would make us all some cash. The only bad thing about my personality is that when I was young a pretty, I wasn't so confident. Odd isn't it?

It's things like zapping the cords that gets me...AND I lock myself out as well, of cars, houses, work places...you name it, I've locked myself out of it.

My son said that I was an accident waiting to happen. I told him that's a problem that I've had since I pushed a bowling ball out of myself. That kid weighed 9 lbs. 12 oz, and I think he was all head.

Oh well, I can't wait to tell you guys about the shoot.

Meg

March 27, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home