.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Friday, July 06, 2007

YIKES!!!


The post I wrote in my word processor can't be copied and pasted...the word File isn't even up at the top. The cable guy is here, which I explained in the post...doorbell rung!

OK, that was an easy fix for the cable couple (There were 2 of them, a chick and a dude.)

Anyway, I wrote a post in my word processor and I can't copy and paste it nor can I see where it says File at the top. I'm gonna try to get that one up here, can't even drag the dumb thing...if anyone has a clue as to how to get that file transferred, let me know!

Thanks,

Meg

4 Comments:

Blogger JQ75 said...

You have a new computer, so you are running Vista, not many people are experienced in Vista yet. I have been running Vista, XP Home, and XP Pro, Office XP and Office 2007 side by side and have all the new Vista diagnostic guides, So I'm quite sure I could fix, just give me a call.

Remember me, your buddy, JQ

July 06, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Thanks but I got it. I just rebooted and for some reason it worked. I don't know why all the words at the top of the page was gone...but gone they were!

Meg

July 06, 2007  
Blogger JQ75 said...

The words are gone because they weren't autosaved before the reboot. There are several less drastic measures, using the task manager to find and fix a failing task or to switch to an apparently hidden task.

Often times an accidental hit of the ALT or CTRL or FN keys can take control from an application, the ESC key usually restores control back.

In Vista Premium (but not Basic) with Aero enabled the second icon next to the Start Circle will display the Aero App panes and the desired app can be selected.

There are still a lot of issues with Vista six months later.

July 07, 2007  
Blogger Lara Croft said...

I think 98se was the best system for my personal needs, the mic worked, the cam worked, it was compatible with everything.

July 08, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home