.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Good morning!

I just got home from work and I wanted to pop in and say hello before I crawled into my new bed. It'll be tough to do because the grandbabies are here but I've got to do it. I worked ICU last night, something I haven't done in long, long time.

While I was down in the cafeteria, I met a guy who's wife was in the ED because she has kidney problems. He said that she was on prednisone and I asked him if it caused her to have mood swings as prednisone is known to do. He said that it most certainly did. Prednisone is a steroid so I felt for the guy...can you imagine being married to a woman who not only has PMS, but "Roid Rage" as well? What a nightmare.

That was my fourth shift this week...and the shortest shift I worked and it was 14 hours long. That was today. I went into overtime sometime during the shift I worked Thursday night so last night was all overtime. But...working in the ICU...I earned every cent of it. On the floors, we usually have anywhere from 6-8 patients a shift and in the ICU, we have 1 or 2. But, those one or two ICU patients keep a nurse busier than the 6-8 patients that we have on the floor.

In the ICU, we don't have any techs so we do all of the work ourselves. That and the acuity of the ICU patients make it a heckuva lot tougher work. I never asked to work in the Units...as a matter of fact I specifically told them that I didn't want to. But, when I got there, it was too late to change the schedule so I just had to grin and bear it.

I hear a little voice calling, "Grandma?!?!?!!!!" I MUST answer that call so off I am to see what the little angel wants and when they wake me up...I don't want to miss a bit of fun while I have them here so I'm going to go play for a little bit.

I just woke up with my head about to hit the keyboard so I think that I should head to bed. Have a great weekend you's guys!

Meggers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home