.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Here’s the comment…

…that Solaris tried to take back:

Woops - forgot to add the lollies here in reference to Sous: lololol. (I'm joking)

I left it exactly as she wrote it because I don’t know what the hell a woop is, nor do I know what lollies are. Since I didn’t know what they were, I didn’t know how to safely edit the comment. I looked them both up and according to Merriam-Webster’s Dictionary, a woop is a “variation of oops” and a lolly (the closest thing I could find to lollies) is a “piece of candy”. The only correlation that I could find between the two words is “Woops, I’ve dropped my lollies!” How that references Sous Gal…I do not know.

Anyone who knows me knows how much I love my lollies…and to drop them would truly be a major woop. Right now I happen to have a bowl of lollies that any lolly-lover would surely envy…it has candy corn (with the white parts taken off, I LOVE the white parts), sour cherry balls, bubble gum…aw hell, I’ll just show you what I have in my bowl. It’s much easier than naming them all. Here are my lolly-leftovers:



Obviously, I must buy more lollies, I'm almost out. But a more ardent lolly-lover, you won't easily find.

My mother used to stop at the Five & Dime and bring home 6 bags full of penny candy, back in the day when penny candy was actually a penny. She would put 10 pieces of lollies in each of our bags which meant that she would make all six of us very happy for a mere 60 cents. You couldn't do that today. It would be quite a chore to make one kid happy for 60 cents, much less six of them.

Now...if Solaris used the word lollies meaning something other than candy...this post would make no sense. But that's OK...I've never felt the need to make sense anyway. But, the more I think about it, the more I like the phrase woops and lollies. I'm going to be using it from now on and I don't care what it means...it sounds like a LOT of fun...doesn't it? It sort of describes my life...it's always been full of woops and lollies. Sometimes I have more woops than lollies...but when I have my lollies, the woops don't seem so bad.

Such is the life of a Cubs fan...we love our woops because we don't really get many lollies. We're in the midst of a rare lolly right now as we maintain sole possession of first place in the National League Central Division. And according to our wise and clever sage of a manager, Lou Pinella, "If we play well enough, we'll stay in first place."

Gee Lou...ya think?

I don't know how long it'll last, but damned the woops, let's grab the lollies!

I'll be watching those Cubbies today from here in Atlanta...but OH!...what I wouldn't give to see them win a game at home. Oh well, maybe next year.

See ya!

Meg

10 Comments:

Blogger Sous Gal said...

Solaris may have been referencing my crush on Mika? he has a song about lollipops which is the word he uses, in that song, for penis :)

And I say "woops!" all the time :)

That's highlarious that you eat off the white part of candy corn! LOL

August 19, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Damn it...

...now there's something ELSE I don't know. I never heard of Mika. I know what MICA is...I had some in my rock collection when I was a kid. But spelled with a K...I'm simply reminded of how little I know. And...about penis's...or peni (which I think is a MUCH better word for the plural form of the male organ), you won't believe this. Who knows, maybe you will. But I have a blog tool that tells me what people have searched to send them here. I always find it amusing what people are looking for when they end up here. A couple of weeks ago I decided to start saving the words and phrases that sent people to my blog. I find it simply AMAZING how many penis seekers there are out there.
Of course, I'm even more amazed that they all end up here. Anyway, not everyone is looking for a penis...some are looking for more innocuous things. But the number of people who are out there looking for penis's and penis related issues is rather startling. Anyway...here's the list that I've collected so far:

abnormal penis pics
bad kisser
"wife refuses to get a job"
pussy trap
normal penis picture
battery operated boyfriend
bend penis pictures
making your peni big
peyronies penis pictures
candy krappy patties
then he spanked me
car trailer aero bubble-type nose
50s wife apron housework
venus pussy trap
porking sisters
post your penis pics
big chicken marietta shirt
Colleen Lombardi (another word for the female PRICK)
jewelry for blowjobs
do guys like fake tits
revenge on my husband's mistress
cheater and the cheatee
submit your penis picture

OK...that's it so far.

Go figure.

Meg

August 19, 2007  
Blogger Sous Gal said...

For you Meg. Mika and Lollipops :)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5FvseXhJSrE&mode=related&search=

August 19, 2007  
Blogger Lara Croft said...

Well a lolly to be is candy to you and a lolly to an english person is sweets.
I like lollies too lol.
We even called too skinny chicks lollypop heads cos their body is a stick and their head looks too big for it :0

August 19, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Sous,

LOLOLOL...for some reason that video reminded me of my very first love, one that lasted longer than my first two marriages:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AFruuoiy8c

Is it me?

And Lara, I love my sweets...and although life isn't quite as innocent as it once was...I remember being called a lollypop myself for the very same reason. I guess some things never change.

:):):)

August 19, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

This is the funniest thing I've ever seen in my life:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IUd8kMaa-8

:):):)

August 19, 2007  
Blogger Determined said...

I am extremely sorry that I have sinned. I had no idea that I needed a Ph.D in English literature to post on Meg Kelso's blog. But I'll confess what I meant:

Lollies: made up word for "LOLOLOL"

You've got the woops right.

Reminds me: Here's a perfect example of a Cubbies woops:

Steve Bartman!


Alright - luv ya right back girl - we'll talk soon!

August 19, 2007  
Blogger Sous Gal said...

Forgot this site is the "made up words" capital :) That video is a scream Meg! lollies!!

August 20, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

And THAT is why I named my kitten Stewi...he lives up to his namesake...Stewi Griffin. The only reason I'm out of bed right now is because the little shit was attacking me through the blankets.

OK then...today IS another day!

Meg

August 20, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Oh, by the way...we don't own the Abominable Mr. Bartman. He is not a Cubbies ANYTHING, he defected long ago when he accepted the gifts that the Marlins offered.

By the way...do you know of any dark alleys near his home? I have a big stick with his name on it.

He He He

August 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home