.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, September 03, 2007

Sorry about not…

…coming back yesterday but one of those things happened again where I “lost time” as I’ve heard it put before. Yesterday, after I wrote that last post, I went to drink some coffee and watch the news before I wrote another post. That’s the last thing I remember until 4 hours later. My son said that I sat on the chair staring straight ahead and when he tried to get me into my room I swung my arms at him so he left me alone. After a while, he thought that I was sleeping. Anyway…the next thing I remember I was walking into my room. I got there and just went to bed. I didn’t know what had happened until my son told me. I’m glad he didn’t call 911.…I’ve told him not to unless certain things happen. None of those things happened so he didn’t call anyone and I’m glad. I’m just going to go to the doc today.

Anyway, I want to thank you guys for your support regarding the “Mike situation”. I’d like to answer some of the comments here now:

“…You didn't use his full name, so it's not like he can say you've ruined his good name…”

I didn’t even use his first name. His name is not Mike…I just use that to refer to him…I’ve not used ANY identifying information.

“…If he's up for threatening a man, I'm game! I'm sure any man who would threaten a woman wouldn't be man enough to stand up to a real man…”

You’re exactly right. He wouldn’t even do anything if he thought that my son were around to handle his fat ass. (Oops! That’s an identifier! Sorry about that.)

“…Just blow him off…”

This is all a result of me blowing him off. I’ve done it before and he did the same thing only he used different threats.

Today I checked my email and he really screwed up. He had been sending anonymous comments to communicate with me. Yesterday while I was in the middle of a seizure, he was writing threatening emails that came from his own email addy. He got careless and wrote an email from his own email address that, according to an attorney here in Marietta, absolutely qualifies as blackmail:

"will make you a deal............
take the stuff off the blog...............and I will go away.
No explanations........just remove it."


That email, added to the others is proof of blackmail and/or extortion.

The last email that he sent was this one:

“Call me now, before this goes too far.”

What possible reason could I have for calling him? Does he want to threaten me by phone now? THIS is one of the situations I was referring to when I said, “If you want to understand what a man is doing, ask another man.” So, men…why does he want me to call him?

He has my number…this is how the entire thing started. I left 2 messages on his cell phone telling him to call me back and he never did. So…under the best of circumstances…he should call me. But the “best of circumstances” are nowhere near how I would define this situation.

I don’t know when all of the emails were written…I was having a partial complex seizure at the time.

I want to thank you all for being so supportive during this lovely state of affairs. Now, I AM going to write a post that doesn’t deal with “Mike”. Barring, of course, anymore medical emergencies!

Meg

4 Comments:

Blogger Sous Gal said...

What he's doing is criminal harrassment. Also known as the stalking law. I had one ex who, based solely on one email to me threatening to ruin my friendships and one letter that said "this isn't over" was arrested and spent four days in jail and then had to hire a lawyer and defend himself in court.

"Mike" better go find someone else to pick on or he's going to have a new roommate named Bubba :)

Most domestic violence situations, what I prefer to call men being assholes, happen when the woman tells him to get lost.

He wants you to call him, then he can accuse you of harrassing him. He pokes you in emails for the same reason. I'd suggest you send him one last email telling him to leave you alone. The next contact that he makes run it past the local constabulary. Just ask for an officer's opinion. The next move he makes, including any contact with your family, friends or work will be into a jail cell.

September 03, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Thanks so much for your advice. Those comments need to be read by Mike. Perhaps that will put a stop to the threats.

Meg

September 03, 2007  
Blogger Brad said...

“If you want to understand what a man is doing, ask another man.”

That doesn't apply here. He's not a real man. I've never gone around threatening women, so I have no idea.

I really don't understand why any of this bothers him anyway. It's not like you've left any information to identify him.

I think you should follow Sous's advice. My close friend is a prosecutor and I've seen her prosecute people under similar circumstances. The stalking laws cover a lot broader spectrum than they used to. By the way, even "anonymous" comments sent from a computer can be traced back to the source.

September 03, 2007  
Blogger Anne Arky said...

Meg, I agree -- I think Sous' advice is good, but when you email him, send either a courtesy copy (cc) or a blind copy (bcc) to a lawyer -- like, say, your dad. Just be straight and to the point -- "I want no further communication from you in any way, shape or form, written or verbal, and should I receive any, I will have you prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law." You should, of course, refrain from signing it, "Love and kisses, Meg". (You know that's what I often do with my poison pen letters. Not Meg, of course, since that's not my name, but you know what I mean.)

Anne

September 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home