.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Good morning...

...today I'm taking Jean to dialysis and then we'll be hitting the salons. Her nails look hideous, she has a moustache, hair growing out of moles and a bunch of other icky things that she wouldn't like if she were healthy. We have to leave soon so I only have a moment to write this.

When she came home from the hospital, she was glad to see me. That lasted for about a minute and a half until she wanted a scotch on the rocks. I had just finished making dinner and she hadn't been eating so I made a deal with her, if she ate her dinner, she could have a drink. Of course there was just enough scotch in there for her to smell it but she never knew the difference.

Then, in the middle of the night she woke up and wanted a cigarette. I told her she could have one if she took a breathing treatment first. She argued and I ignored her until she took the breathing treatment and then I gave her a cigarette that I had cut half off of. She never noticed.

This is going to be fun. I have to argue with her to get dressed, to bathe, to eat, to take her meds...this is just so much fun!

I called her doctor yesterday and he said for me to bring her in so that he could tell her to her face that she needs to listen to me or she'll be in a nursing home toot sweet. She's threatening to get herself her own car, apartment and to take care of herself.

That's not gonna happen.

I've been answering her since she got home with things like, "I wouldn't treat you like a child if you stopped acting like one." My father said that he was proud of me..."you cold hearted bitch." I guess he meant that he wouldn't have been able to say no to her all the times that I did. I told him, "That's what I do."

She listened to the nurses in the hospital so I'm know she can listen to me. And she shall. OK then, I'm going to pass out some xanax and leave for dialysis, the nail salon and the hair salon. Then, I'll be back here to hide when she starts to watch the news over and over again. It's new to her each time and she ends up having the same conversations over and over again.

OK then, have a good day!

Meg

By the way, I'd love to see you and your mom again, send your number to megkelsobroderick@gmail.com!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home