.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

OK, let's see if I can...

...have some fun at this.

Well...yesterday I did go to the beach. I rolled my jeans up past my knees and took off my shoes. I thought, "I'm in Florida! This is gonna be cool! I'm going to the beach and I'll run in slow motion through the surf!"

Did you know that the water here is really, really cold in early March? I didn't. I did walk in it when I was looking for sand dollars but only at the really, really shallow part. I tried to keep it below my ankles. In two months that water will be as warm as bath water...but for right now, it's too cold for most. All you see is a few robust 4 year olds and a family or two who traveled from Wisconsin and were damned if they weren't gonna swim in that water.

I'll wait...I've been here enough to know that it will eventually get so hot that the Gulf water will barely cool you off. That will suck. It'll suck for a few reasons, not the least of which is my father and his odd ability to sit in a sweltering 110 degree condo and not sweat. Maybe a drip off of his left temple occasionally, but that's it. I sit on his leather couch in a puddle of my own sweat and he sits in his recliner quite comfortably, ignoring the unGodly heat. He has AC...he just doesn't think it's ever "hot enough" to use it.

Oh! Yesterday my son called and said that my uncle called me. I haven't seen this uncle since the '60's. He stopped off at our house when he got out of the marines. I was supposed to meet him in LA in 1977 but he didn't make it. He left word with an aunt who had me paged...but that's the last I heard of him.

According to the message, he lives near me. I'm looking forward to speaking to him. Of course, when he does call me, I'm in Florida, that sucks...but I'll be back sooner or later so that should be fun. It's my father's younger brother.

Let's see...what else fun have I done? I made myself a strawberry smoothie. It takes a LOT of strawberries to make one of those suckers. I think I used close to 2 pounds making a couple of large smoothies. It still tasted a bit tart so I'm not sure what they do to it...p0robably fill it with sugar but I'm not gonna do that. I'd rather eat it tart. Tartly? I don't know.

I made a big thing of the smoothie crap and then I poured mine out. That was because my father wanted peanut butter in his. I don't remember seeing peanut butter smoothies but I suppose it's possible. Well, I know it is, because I made one. Blech.

Today we're going to get Jean out of the hospital. I think the peace and quiet has pretty much ended. Now the fun shit starts. This is going to be very interesting.

You know, I think I just talked myself into making another strawberry smoothie.
Cool beans.

See ya!

3 Comments:

Blogger mylifeatfullspeed said...

Hey there!! Welcome to Florida!!!

You up for lunch at Panera again? Give me a call if you get a minute, I'd LOVE to get together with you. My mom would love to see you again too!

Ok, gotta run to teach kids...let me know if you need my phone number again and where you want me to send it.

:D

March 04, 2008  
Blogger Pandora said...

Here is a smart-ass comment: You could be part of the 'polar bear' club. lol

March 04, 2008  
Blogger Vi said...

hmmmm, peanut butter in a smoothie. that may be an idea for my kids. Not for me though, that's WAY too unhealthy!

March 04, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home