.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

It's actually sort of spooky

Saturday, I went to get a tie-died dress that I had seen earlier. Afterwards, I walked to the car with my bag in hand. As I got in the car, the guy I was with said, "I have to take these lures back and exchange them. I'll be right back."

I said, "OK." and I got in the car. While I was in the car, I went to play the Foreigner CD I had just gotten but when I grabbed it out of the bag and checked in the case, there was no CD in it. I didn't want the dude I was with to start accusing me of stealing it immediately (as he later did). (Remember, life with a psycho is lived in two minute increments. I was avoiding a huge hassle.) I tossed the bag back in the back seat and grudgingly continued listening to Paper Lace sing 'Billy Don't Be a Hero'. The dude came back and we went home.

My slip on sandals were on the floor and I was sitting Indian style in the front seat during the ride back. I put my feet down so that I could slip them into my shoes and, oddly, I couldn't find my left shoe. It was not there. I had to search a car that barely comes up to the tops of my legs...and I had to do it in the Florida sun. To my complete and utter befuddlement, my shoe was gone.

The missing shoe evoked an odd conversation:

HE: "How did you lose your shoe?"

SHE: "Really? Do you really expect an answer?"

HE: "I just don't know how you can lose a shoe."

SHE: "That's perplexing...isn't it?"

HE: "All I know is that when I was there, you didn't take your shoe out of the car. "I'm going to look for your shoe."

SHE: "Where are you going to look?

HE: "Back in the only place you were in the car without me, to the parking lot of the store. Whatever happened to the shoe happened there."

SHE: "Yeah...where, apparently, I accidentally tossed my shoe out the window."

The missing shoe has not been found and I am totally baffled. Go figure. I think it must have something to do with the Foreigner CD. After this scene, I lied about the CD and acted like I never knew the disc was missing in the first place. The missing shoe is just one huge chunk of esoteric karma because I lied whilst my soul is aware of the associated evils. I usually NEVER lie. I broke one of my own basic and easy to follow tenets. Maybe I should just be honest and see if I get my shoe back

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My apologies over your missing shoe. I've lost things sitting in one spot and had a heck of a time finding the missing item. I wouldn't fret much about a lost Foreigner cd. Just my 2 cents but they are among my least favorite 70s bands.

Kyle from Knoxville.

May 29, 2012  
Blogger Eileen said...

Once, a girl stole one of my shoes as a kind of revenge ... another time, one of my friends' shoes was stolen in the same fashion. People are weird about shoes!

May 29, 2012  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Yes, shoes do seem to elicit odd behaviors. The shoe was under my watchful eye at all times. I remain baffled. Kyle, did you take Foreigner CD?

May 30, 2012  
Anonymous John said...

Paper lace didn't sing billy don't be a hero, that was Bo Donaldson and the Heywoods...or something like that. Paper Lace sang the night chicago died...YOU should know that.

June 05, 2012  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

I did know that. I also am aware that Billy Don't Be A Hero" is a 1974 anti-war pop song by Paper Lace and was also recorded by Bo Donaldson and the Heywoods.

June 05, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home