.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Friday, April 22, 2005

Meg,

Oh My God! I can't believe these guys actually think they have any shot of finding any woman (let alone a decent one) by posting things like that. I am just blown away. I met my boyfriend through an online personals site. His profile gave his specifics (all were accurate), but it was his "About Me" blurb that caught my attention. He simply stated " My name is Gavin. I am 21 years old and currently in college. I am looking for friends only. The reason for this is I could never fall in love with someone I didn't consider my friend. If you're looking for a supermodel with money, a hot car and great pickup lines, you won't find it here. I can promise you I am genuine, I love my family and I'm willing to give you a chance if you're willing to return the favor."

Now, THAT’S the way to impress a lady! How lucky for this guy that a lady did read his profile and appreciate his sincerity. I wish them luck and happiness for a very, very long time.

That's an odd response. Maybe he was trying too hard to be funny? I have to hope so, anyway.24 emails in your inbox in a day? There are definitely benefits to being a woman. Enjoy them. :-)

No, there was not one person in there trying to be funny, with the possible exception of me. And, yes, I certainly do enjoy being a woman and I am fully aware of the benefits. The trick is to appreciate them without taking advantage of them to be hurtful or manipulative. By the way, the day is not over, it hasn’t been 24 hours and I have received at least 15 more since I posted that earlier. :)

Oh man... those are priceless. Suddenly I'm feeling pretty good about myself. LOL --

Guy, when are you going to learn? You are a real sweetie and you SHOULD feel good about yourself...ALL THE TIME!

OK, now I am going to read some more of my emails from the online dating thing, I am not going to post this yet because I may find something stupid in one of those emails. But, on the other hand, I may find something sweet. Either way, I will let you know before I close this post.

Now, here is a normal guy...I think:

Hello Meg I think that we could be really good friends . We have a lot in common and love the same things. I would love to try to be your friend. Write soon and lets start MIKE

I swear, I could throw a dart into a crowd and hit a Mike...I have had more of them than any other name in the world...by far.

I used to love quiet guys until I realized that I couldn’t tell if they were quiet or too stupid to speak. But, if I were still looking for a quiet guy, this would be the one I would pick:

Just thought I'd say hi.randy

Now he has confused me because this is what he says in his profile:

I am easy to get along with and a good conversationalist.

Oh well, that’s enough of that for now, I have to act like I have things to do. I am going to try to finish cleaning house and doing the laundry so that I can have my weekend free to do whatever strikes me. I hope that includes Gyros at the Diner with Anne!

See ya soon,

Meg

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meg,
I think I have an explanation for the one line email you recieved from Randy. Some guys will send you something like that so you will look at their profile, and if interested, write to them. It'd be pointless for him to write a long email only to have you look at his profile, decide he's too short, tall, lives too far away, etc. and not write to him anyway. :) I think it's the online personals version of a pickup line.

April 22, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home