.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

I just woke up...

...and my mind is a blank. I guess that's what happens when you sleep with the TV on. My mind is so blank that I don't even remember what I dreamt last night. I know I dreamt about something because I know that I did something in my sleep, like remembering kindergraten, I know I went, but my memories of it are vague. I think my mistake was lying there and stretching instead of getting right up out of bed. The news was on while I stretched and they were talking about the dead chick again.

I'm getting pretty sick of the crap, couldn't they just call to let us know when it's over? The other day they actually had a news alert that her body was being embalmed. I prefer the days when you only got news about celebrities if you bought the National Enquirer, otherwise you never heard anything about them unless they died or married Liz Taylor. Now the news has MADE their lives the news and that never was in the past.

Oh well. That's the least of my problems...I couldn't find the fork I usually use to feed the dogs so I picked up a short pronged fork and stuck it in the Alpo and dug in and then when I went to pull it out, I shot Alpo all over the kitchen. The fork may have been shorter, but it grabbbed a huge hunk of dog food and sprayed it everywhere. I hate doing housework before I drink my coffee but I hate having hunks of dog food hanging all over the kitchen cabinets more.

I made a mistake the night I went out drinking...I gave my number to someone and that was stupid. I should always pretend to be too drunk to rememeber my number once I've had a beer or two because my judgement is as blurry as the rest of my brain. I remember the guy I gave it to and I remember thinking that I shouldn't hold his looks against him. Apparently, I'm a much nicer woman drunk than I am sober because I don't do short ugly dudes, no matter how drunk I was when I met them. But, apparently, I do give them my number and that's a problem.

I hate having to tell someone the truth after I've done that. "I'm sorry, but if I was in my right mind, I wouldn't have ever given you my number." There's not much else to say unless you just put it off and have him call you back again and again. I hate dreading the phone, don't you? I'm gonna have to learn to forget my stupid number. That's all there is to that one. I feel badly about it, but I doubt anyone would want a pity date so I can't do anything for this guy.

Of course, I watch all of the City Condifential and American Justice shows so now I'm more afraid of being found all dismembered out in the North Georgia mountains. You sure do worry a lot more as you grow older. I guess you get smarter. When I think of some of the things I did as a teenager, I want to cringe. We hitch-hiked and met guys hanging out at all sorts of places. I even took a ride from a guy in the middle of the night in Phoenix once...about the dumbest thing that I've ever done. It turned out to be fine, but I cannot believe some of the things that I did as a kid.

If my daughter did some of the things that I did, I'd smack her down good. She's a smart girl but so was I when I was a kid and I never worried about Jack the Raper or anything like that. Of course, things have changed quite a bit but it still couldn't have been too bright of me to take off with strangers like I did.

Oh well. I have to work tonight so I'm going to clean the house a bit and then come back here to write some more before I take a nap. Have a good day and I'll see you soon!

Meg

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know why I enjoy reading your blog Meg, cos ya say it how it is LOL.. I agree with the short ugly man, yes I know i sound shallow and its not his fault he is short but no one has to be fugly... well not really surely, after all there are plenty of attractive men who are not brad pitt right? and in my defence I am 5ft 1.5 inches tall therefore I will suggest my inbuilt gene finder is looking for a long limbed man to assist in not reproducing very short peeple.. Thats my reason and i am a sticking too it haha

February 27, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home