.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Sunday, July 08, 2007

It's the middle of the night again!!!

...and I've given up trying to fall asleep for the time being. My son actually cleaned the mess that the kids made (all of it except the spare bedroom which has a door so that's OK for now, I just closed it.) and he did it before the kids left. That was a neat trick...he left them in my room which had been clean until they attacked it.

They jumped on the bed, dumped my jewelry box on the bed and then the girl played with my make-up on the bed. I'm going through a lot of effort to see to it that every surface in that room is brand spanking new and those little munchkins want to mess it up completely.

Oh well, when they leave there's always good stuff left that they haven't gotten to yet and that's why I'm eating a Rice Krispies treat now. Those are some good eats...I must say. I can't imagine how someone came up with the idea to mix melted marshmallows in with Rice Krispies but it was brilliant.

Since my son has cleaned up, there's not much left for me to do now. I was watching middle of the night TV but that sucks. I saw part of one of those ghost-hunter shows. They're getting so fricking stupid. One guy feels his hair stand on end and the other feels a cold spot so there must be ghosts...right? The chick leaves early because she can't handle the fear of seeing a ghost even though videocameras have caught EVERYTHING on tape....murders, tornadoes and America's Funniest moments...but they still haven't captured a single ghost.

I guess you might count the blobs of light on the pictures themselves but I don't. When I see a ghost it has to be more than a blob of light. Either that or it will have to speak to me. A speaking blob of light would be good enough. The blobs of light in the Ghosthunters cameras never catch any speaking from the ghosts. But...the people in the dark houses all feel cold spots.

I don't know why the houses have to be dark. Are ghosts nocturnal? Poltergiests operated in the daytime at the Freelings house in the movie. Some stuff did happen at night...but not enough to restrict ALL ghosthunting missions to nighttime. Wouldn't it be funny if these people couldn't see the ghosts because they are in a dark room pointing their flashlights the wrong direction?

One way or another, if a ghost wants you to know it's there, it'll let you know. If it doesn't...it probably doesn't want to be bothered by you. So, I figure it's best to just leave those things alone. Nothing good could really come of it. Besides, I wouldn't know what to say to a ghost. I would even freak a bit at my mother if she popped up and I loved her. She never made me scared...but I bet her ghost would do it.

I freaked myself out even more tonight by watching The Cities of the Underground. They had Paris on and the host took a guide and crawled down a hole that was so narrow in some parts that I could never, ever climb through them. I hyperventilated just thinking about that. That particular cave led to a brewery basement but other led to other areas of Parisian life...and death. It's pretty neat and if I could stand up all the way down and spelunk my ass down a hall or a staircase, I would go...but I would have to turn around before I could never turn around again. That's my worst fear. YIKES.

Well, now I'm gonna watch The Family Guy...I love Stewi's namesake!

See ya!

Meg

Oh, here are a few extra pics that I thought were cute. And...I AM a grandmother!!!


Here's the pool that I bought them this weekend:


The dog playing with his kitten who is playing in a sock:


Spidey!

Chandler with make up and her new PJ's. She's getting much better at applying lipstick:

4 Comments:

Blogger Karin's Korner said...

Meg, How wonderful it is to be a grandma!! Love the pictures of the kids! The pool looks like fun and they could stay in it for hours, I think I would like to play in there also :)

July 09, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Yep, they DID stay in it for hours and this is the most fun I've had since I was a kid myself. Instead of wondering how I can get a sitter to go out, I wonder how I can blow off everyone else so that I can stay and play with them!

I wouldn't have minded going in the pool, but the sun needs to warm the water up some first. That was straight out of the hose cold...only a very small kid wuld swim in water that cold!

Meg

July 09, 2007  
Blogger L. said...

Great pix, Grandma! : )

The pool looks like fun....I still have memories of spending hours in a little pool in our backyard many, many, many years ago....until our fingers were totally shriveled up!

Is your kitten really in that sock????? Or is it a toy? : 0

Take care,
Grammie

July 09, 2007  
Blogger h.h. aspaspia said...

How did the kitten get into the sock?

July 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home